Rock Hill, SC
Public Park Buildings
Miracle Park was designed for people with ALL abilities to play and work! RAD worked with the York County Board of Disabilities Foundation and provided coordination and architectural design for the planned buildings. Miracle Park has baseball fields, multi-purpose fields, and a playground all of which will be designed specifically for people with different abilities. The facility will also host Miracle League Events, which brings special needs children and adults from across the country together to compete in sporting events.
MPRH later received many connections in the area after the announcement of the Panther’s $200,000 NFL grant and the additional $500,000 from the Nicole and David Tepper Foundation. These funds, along with the $500,000 committed from the State of SC recently, have launched them right into Phase 2, including:
- Another Miracle League field that will allow for local tournaments, Special Olympics, and National Tournaments
- A therapeutic fishing pond (catch and release)
- A multi-purpose field for all sports outside of baseball
- The Panthers are working with the Gametime Playground company to create the first ever adaptive challenge course!
Here’s the very first Play 60 they created at Freedom Park before the NFL took it over: Check it out here.
- A golf putting green and adaptive putting short course – in partnership with Fazio Golf Course Design’s, Tom Marzolf, who is a Senior Design Associate and been with Fazio since 1985.